1. What is Shutterball?
- A bluetooth remote trigger for your Smartphone camera that lets you take perfect pictures and videos.
- A sleek gadget for Selfies or group shots.
- Pairing with multiple devices for multi-camera shots or videos.
- Simple to pair & easy to carry.
- Allows users to capture every moment with different angles/views.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES and benefits:
- Pair with multiple Smartphones and enable one ShutterBall button to activate all devices.
- Bluetooth Low Energy for up to 5 years battery life.
- Perfect self shot or group shot without any restrictions.
- Don’t need to ask strangers to take your picture whilst travelling alone.
2. How to install and start using ShutterBall?
Installing, Paring and Unpairing the device is simple.
Step 1. Download and install the "ShutterBall Panorama" App from either the Apple App store or the Google Play store
Step 5. Press the ShutterBall button instantly whenever you want to take a picture.
Step 6. To delete the pairing (unpair), select the Settings icon on the App screen. The Connected message will appear. Tap ‘FORGET’, tap ‘YES’, and then tap ‘CLOSE’.
3. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Frequency Range: ISM Brand 2.4GHz
Bluetooth version: 4.0
Active distance: up to 30m
Weight: 30 g
Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5, Note 2, 3 or later
Apple iOS 6.0 for iPhone 4S, iPhone5, iPad 3rd/4th generation, iPad mini and iPod Touch 5th generation or later.
Google Nexus 7 2nd generation; all of Android OS4.3 devices supporting Bluetooth V.4.0
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
a) Why isn’t my phone pairing?
Please make sure your iPhone is model 4S or later. (iPhone 4 does not have Bluetooth V4.0.) Also check if you have downloaded the correct App from the Apple App store or Google Play store.
b) What does pairing with multiple Smartphones mean?
Multiple devices can be simultaneously activated with one click of the ShutterBall button. For example, you can open the Shutter Panorama App on your iPad, iPhone or Samsung, line up the smart devices to a reasonable position to capture the photo and press click on the ShutterBall. This convenient method will save you time from transferring images from one device to another as used in the past.
c) Why does it say ‘User denied access’?
The message displays ‘The user has denied the application access to their media’ means the settings on your smartphone need to be changed. Go to your phone settings – privacy – photos – turn on ‘Shutter Panorama.’ This will allow the App to access and store photos in your photo album.
d) Can I change the battery in the ShutterBall?
You can replace the battery with a CR2032 coin button battery. Just twist the top and bottom covers counter clockwise, separate the covers to remove the CR2032 battery and replace it.
e) What is the best tip for using ShutterBall?
Using the ShutterBall together with the Shutter Panorama’ App will allow you to take photos or record videos using the front or rear cameras. You can place your phone a distance of up to 30 metres away to capture the scenery. You may also like to purchase the extendable ‘smart pole’ (a telescopic pole) to assist in taking your photo for selfies and group shots.
f) How do I record videos?
The ‘Shutter Panorama’ App also controls Start/Stop for video mode. Open the ‘Shutter Panorama’ App and press the ShutterBall button to start recording the video. Press the ShutterBall button again when recording is complete.
g) With the Shutter Panorama App opened, what is the icon in the left top corner?
For iPhone users this icon will take you to your phone’s photo album. However, you will need to go directly into your phone’s main album to edit your pictures. For Samsung users this icon will allow direct access to your phone’s photo album, and you may edit saved pictures from here.
h) How long does the battery last?
The pre-installed coin cell battery runs on low energy Bluetooth. The CR2032 coin cell battery will last up to 5 years even on 100 photo shots per day.
i) Why is ShutterBall designed this way?
ShutterBall’s design was awarded the Innovation Award at CES 2014. The CES Innovations design and Engineering Awards is an annual competition honouring outstanding design and engineering in consumer electronics products.
ShutterBall’s innovation was judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Why the product deserves the Innovations award, including specifics regarding its unique/novel features and features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of this product directly compare to other products in the market place
ShutterBall entered in this prestigious program and was judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, independent engineers and members of the trade media and honour outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 29 product categories.